I was in a meeting a few weeks ago and had a bottle of kombucha and one of the women I was meeting with asked me if that was kombucha (the bottle clearly said kombucha), I responded with “yes it is kombucha“. She then proceeded to tell me how dangerous kombucha it was and how KOMBUCHA WILL KILL ME, and now I have heard about (HEAR, AS IN SAW IT WHILE SURFING THE INTERNET… SO IT MUST BE TRUE… PLEASE LOOK UP SARCASM IF YOU DID NOT GET THAT LAST COMMENT) a few incidents where people who were drinking kombucha became ill but I have yet to find any conclusive evidence that it is actually do to kombucha.
Kombucha is so new (actually it’s been around over 2000 years) so when doctors found out that a healthy person died and they also drank kombucha well hell that must be it right? I really don’t think so but I do know more people have died from drinking sprite or red bull. Improper brewing can cause mold spored and/or toxins and if you brew in a lead container but that’s not the kombucha killing you, it’s you being stupid brewing in a poisonous container. NOTE: ALL OF THE PORCELAIN BREWERS FROM GETKOMBUCHA.COM ARE CERTIFIED LEAD FREE :)
Back to the lady, when I asked her why she said she just heard about it and really had nothing else to say except that I should not drink it. I like to do my own research and not base my lifestyle on misguided (well intentioned), I mean anything can kill you, water can kill you if you drink too much. Get to know your body and all is well.